Saturday 4 June 2011

Why do ALL my headers (Microsoft Works Word Processor) change when I need to edit ONE?

I need to write a paper in MLA format, so it needs to have my last name, page number. When I type in the header for the first page, it applies it to all four pages. How can I edit each seperatley?|||Sorry, but I don%26#039;t think Works Word Processor can have multiple headers in a document.





Since you%26#039;re a student, you may qualify for the Student edition of Office at a pretty good price ($59.95), which does allow multiple headers, as well has having a slew of thesis supporting tools (automatic Tables of Contents, footnotes/endnotes, line numbering).





http://www.microsoft.com/student/discoun鈥?/a>





Hope that helps.|||Go to Insert--%26gt; Break---%26gt; Page Break





In the header and footer toolbar there should be something that says %26quot;Same As Previous%26quot; , click it and the button should be unclicked. Just move your mouse over the toolbar if you don%26#039;t know which button is Same as Previous.|||I don%26#039;t know about Works, but in Word you can either set the page number as a variable (from the Header toolbar) or you can insert new sections (headers in different sections can be different).