Saturday 4 June 2011

Why would processor change in PC?

I have an AMD Sempron processor 1.5 ghz. I wiped my hard drive and now for some reason the PC reads the processor as an Athlon 900mhz. Why would this happen and how to I fix this|||Maybe some problem in BIOS settings.


Or maybe your mother board is not working properly. It happened to me once. I had to change mine. Get it checked.|||Go into the bios and change the setting for the CPU for more speed. You can use the default settings for maximum speed - it should now read as a 1.5.|||go into your bios and make sure the front side bus didn%26#039;t get reset to the wrong value|||It%26#039;s possible that your CMOS battery is dying, and your computer is losing it%26#039;s settings. Try and reset the processor speed in the BIOS and see if you have any more issues like that. If you do, you may need to replace the battery.