Wednesday 26 October 2011

How do I change a word program format into something other than docx?

I tried to send my teacher some assignments and he said his word processor isn't compatible with docx. My computer runs vista (I'm assuming his is XP). I just need to change them temporarily to send them to him.
How do I change a word program format into something other than docx?
I could rant angrily about how Microsoft switched to a %26quot;free and open%26quot; format right after everybody else figured out DOC, and how they could've just started using an open format that already existed like the OpenDocument one. But I won't.



1. In Word 2007, click the Office button (the big round button at the top left of the Window) and then click Word Options.

2. In the Word Options dialog box, choose the Save category from the list on the left.

3. Use the Save files in this format drop-down menu to choose the format you want Word 2007 to use by default. I use Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

4. Click OK.
How do I change a word program format into something other than docx?
Do this;

After you select %26quot;save%26quot; you'll see a dialog box. On that dialogue box you should see %26quot;save as type%26quot;

Click on the down arrow to see the available file formats.

I suggest you go with .DOC

Good luck!
Do this:



1. Click the round Office button in the upper-left corner of the window.

2. Click Save As-%26gt;Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

3. Save the file that way and send it to your teacher.



Hope that helps.
Try saving your assignments as *.rtf { Rich Text format }.



This format is compatible with any word processor and windows platform. When resaving your documents, simply select the rtf format in the save dialog. Don't worry about the original files, they are still there in docx format.