Wednesday 26 October 2011

I want to design my own micro processor, how should i go about it?

I want to develop a robot which could have its own microprocessor, which could sens any obstruction in its direction and could able to change the direction. Please help me.
I want to design my own micro processor, how should i go about it?
You don't want to design your microprocessor, trust me.



You want to do one of two things.



1. program an existing a microcontroller (such as an Arduino board) to do what you want.



2.Build a logic state machine. That could be rendered as code on a microcontroller, a Programmable Logic Array, actual logic chips, or my favorite, an EPROM which basically hold a table relating the input states (address) to the particular output states for each input instance (data)