Friday 7 October 2011

How to reduce heat generated by a laptop?

I currently have a laptop with an i7 and a GTX 260M graphics card... and wow does it ever generate heat... like keep a room toasty in the arctic kind of heat.



How can I reduce it? I've already changed the %26quot;Max processor state%26quot; to 20% and the %26quot;Min processor state%26quot; to 5%... does the graphics card generate heat even when I'm just checking e-mails? If so, how can I disable it?
How to reduce heat generated by a laptop?
There are laptop cooling pads that work very well. I have one for my laptop and i got it for quite cheap.
How to reduce heat generated by a laptop?
You can try buying a cooling pad for a laptop or you can just use fans to cool it down
Your best bet is to turn it off.



Cheap computers and crummy operating systems tend to suck... juice and turn it into heat.
put some ice on it
Yes your graphics card generates heat when you're just checking email. You could try to create two different graphics settings, one for regular use, one for gaming/multimedia.
Buy a cooling pad it really hellps
Is it an HP?
  • is there a lestateboomover
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  •