Wednesday 26 October 2011

Will my computer support this processor?

I currently have a Dell Studio 1737 with an Intel core 2 duo T6400 processor. I use socket P, which is the same as the Intel core 2 extreme QX9300 processor. I know how to change these out. Will my chip set be capable of using this processor? You must be 100% sure, this is a 500 dollar or more processor. I already have 4 GB of RAM, if this processor will not work I hope to upgrade to either 6 or 8 GB of RAM. I a already in the process of acquiring several other pieces. My end goal is to beat the crap out of my friend's Mac Book pro for less than half the price. I already have him on RAM and software, now I want a processor more than twice as fast as his.
Will my computer support this processor?
The maximum memory in this laptop supported is 4GB.
Will my computer support this processor?
Maximum supported is 8 GB its not hard to figure out, two slots, 4 GB in each, 8 GB

Report Abuse


Yeah, it will work but the battery life will only be 15 minutes...