Friday 16 September 2011

How to change a processor?

So, I was looking around and I've noticed a processor on sale. I have a Emachines H3504 Desktop PC, With Celron D as my processor. IT has 3.20GHz. My overall PC specs are Windows XP SP2 Home Edition, 1256MB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256MB DDR2 w/ 256MB of ram extra (total of it for graphics memory says 512MB), and I got no clue what type of motherboard. Could this processor http://www.anitec.ca/sale/qcz2irt9d5/112鈥?/a> work for my PC? Is there a site that can tell me? Also, how do I safely remove my old processor. I've done it once before but this was on a broken computer. I don't want to break my computer by trying this. I also don't have warranty. Thanks.
How to change a processor?
NO, you'll need a different motherboard
How to change a processor?
buy a new computer if you want more speed - if you don't have the right equipment and a static workstation, you might damage the old chip taking it out and damage the new one putting it in.



If it's the whole motherboard, then you just replace the mother board. that should be pretty simple.
That wont work, diff CPU.



Use this link;-



http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display%26amp;category_id=5961%26amp;CFID=6775530%26amp;CFTOKEN=48471729



This is a page of parts for your setup, giving you Pentium D options, AMD wont work as totally diff.



Of course you can source the equiv items on diff sites at prob much reduced prices..........



Hope this helps.
Try this website http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tech鈥?/a>



It has some cool vids on how to do it and they are made by AMD.



Let me know how it goes coz i want to have a go at upgrading my Procesor and want to know how easy or difficult it is.
No AMD processors do not work on INTEL platform mother boards. For Ur mother board U need an INTEL processor but Core2 Duo wont support Ur motherboard.



To remove processor. 1st remove CPU fan then the heat sink. u can see the connectors on the sides,

Then simply open the leaver to unlock the processor. Since u hav done it once. It wont b a problem for u. It doesn't matter that u did it on a broken comp as long as u keep Ur hear cool.



also if u wont more info u can also refer the motherboard manual if u have it if not check the model no and check on net. i think theres no need to do all that. u can simply do it by urself
  • short hair styles
  • networking
  •