Saturday 24 September 2011

How can a amd athlon (tm)processor be changed from 1.0ghz to 1.5ghz?

I cannot remember exactly but I think the only 1.0ghz was the thunderbird AMD processors. I might be wrong but I think the tops for that line of processor was 1.3ghz... Then came the Athalon that started out about 1.4 or so with the 1500+ processor. I cannot remember if they could use the same motherboard for both series of processors or not. You will not be able to overclock a thunderbird quiet that much, not .5ghz...
How can a amd athlon (tm)processor be changed from 1.0ghz to 1.5ghz?
Overclock it but a 50% increase will mean it will last about 5 seconds
How can a amd athlon (tm)processor be changed from 1.0ghz to 1.5ghz?
amd is bad for overclocking. the best you can do is make it 1.2ghz email me at rambow70@gmail.com ill sell you a amd athlon64x2 2.5ghz only a month old (got a phenom) it will be $20! worth about $80 make sure you have a am2 slot first
the reviewer on this site got his 1GHz up to 1.45GHz, I hope this helps:



http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/axia鈥?/a>