Friday 16 September 2011

Problem with Windows Activation, Key already in Use?

I'm having a problem with activating my Windows Vista Ultimate. I had it installed on this hard drive, but needed to format and reinstall to get it to work properly. It was activated on this hard drive, computer etc. (, however I changed processor), but it says it is already in use. Are there any suggestions on how to get it to activate, or is there a reason why this is not working properly. I will add details if necessary.



Please no comments from ignorant or moronic people about Vista 'sucking', I have it, have had it and have NO problems with it.
Problem with Windows Activation, Key already in Use?
IF you purchased Vista, or it came with the computer, then give Microsoft a call. It's not as painful as you might think and you can usually get it unlocked within 5 minutes. Explain that you have reloaded the machine, not given the key to anyone else, and if they ask about hardware changes, say the CPU was replaced under warranty or something. Should be ok with it.