Saturday 24 September 2011

Question for changeing my cpu?

Hi I have a question, I would like to change my processor but do not know how to find a solution to socket, watching CPU-Z is that the socket AM2 (940), and the question lies the fact that if I can be there to support AM2 processors, such as like this: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 + AM2 Box

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 + AM2 Box 2,8 GHz 1MB ADA5600DOBOX 65W



Sorry for my bad English :D
Question for changeing my cpu?
OK

Yeah. AM2 is the same.

You can change it.

And AM2+ will also work on the same socket if you want to change.
Question for changeing my cpu?
It all depends on your motherboard. CPU-Z isn't always correct. If you new the make and model of the motherboard it would be much easier to tell you what is compatible or not. If this pc a custom build or store bought? If it is a namebrand pc like dell, HP, Gateway, Sony, or one like that, if you could give model number and/or serial, I could look up the specs and give you a much better answer but I would hate to tell you yes that processor will work great just by going by what CPU-Z said the socket was and then it not work or even worse it fits the socket but not compatible and you fry your board or new processor...or both!
consult hardware engineer. he wil solve ur problem exactly. dont do mistakes wit these answers.ok
  • email
  • How do i wash my duvet cover
  •