Tuesday 20 September 2011

How can I speed up my processor?

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs)

That's my processor, and any time I try to play on one of my favorite gmod servers, when there are more than 17 people, my game lags so badly it won't let me play at all. Is there any way I could fix it? I'm running on a laptop, because that's all I have, so I can't change my processor.
How can I speed up my processor?
You CAN upgrade Laptop CPUs.



Also what operating system are you running? Vista will take those cores and crush them to bits, 7 will befriend the cores and send them on their way.



Also, what's your graphics processor? You could have 8gb of ram, but if you're graphics card is a whimpy 128mb integrated, or intel chipset, you shouldn't even be trying newer games.
How can I speed up my processor?
the best way is to simply upgrade it as over cloking can have dire results and i have seen far too many intels burn up even from normal use let alone from overclocking.

more liekly this may have something to do w/ your GPU instead or even RAM...
Use more RAM. Because speed depends on RAM.