Saturday 24 September 2011

Do u have any idea how to use IDE Harddisk in a SATA port?

I upgraded my computer to Pentium Core 2 Duo. In doing so, i had to change my processor, mother board, Ram, Casing and AGP card. I have connected my one old IDE Harddisk as primary and one old IDE DVD drive as Slave to the only IDE port in the new mother board. But my other IDE Harddisk and CD Writer is useless unless I can connect those to the motherboard. Do u know of any kind of convertor / cable that connects the IDE drives to the new SATA ports of the motherboard. Or any other idea??
Do u have any idea how to use IDE Harddisk in a SATA port?
use IDE to SATA connector,,,,,,,

or just plug the IDE hard disk to CD rom FRC cable
Do u have any idea how to use IDE Harddisk in a SATA port?
Yes there is converter.to SATA TO PATA or PATA TO SATA

http://www.cooldrives.com/sata-to-ide.ht鈥?/a>
dear plz u use the sata-pata connector ...
I had the same problem as I was having multiple hard disks and removable drives.

Since the converters were costly I just went ahead and bought an external storage case for my secondary hard disk which worked out fine.
Another idea is to install a pci card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>