Saturday 24 September 2011

How can I fix my system performance?

I have an IDE HDD with Windows XP SP3. I just bought another motherboard and another processor. I changed from: ASRock P4VM8/Pentium 4 to Intel MOBO/Intel Core 2 Duo. All my Linux OS installed are running really fast, but Windows is running extremely slow and it's getting weird. The USB optical mouse stops working and stays in a fixed position of the screen. The Realtek drivers are installed for Audio device, but my system is running without sound (Linux has pretty good sound). I wonder if there's an OS setting that its keeping my system %26quot;tied%26quot; to old MOBO/processor values. How can I fix this without reinstalling Windows XP OS?
How can I fix my system performance?
You are probably luck the thing is running at all without reinstalling Windows. You really need to reinstall in order for Windows to get the proper drivers setup and then you need to install the chip set drivers and other support from the Intel CD that came with your motherboard. Good Luck
How can I fix my system performance?
How to replace the motherboard on a computer that is running Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824125
its slow cz when you first installed it the setup only loaded the thing to run the P4 run smooth and it didn't load the drivers to make the c2d run smooth so you have to reformat it
Well you HAVE TO reformat it. Or try at least an error fix by clicking properties on your windows drive and start error fix.
  • software
  • good unique name
  •