Saturday 24 September 2011

How do you upgrade a processor in vista.?

I mean how do you actually change it. I have the processor I want, but I don't know exactly how to change it. Do I just take out the old one and plug the other one in? Or is it not as simple as that?
How do you upgrade a processor in vista.?
In thory it is as simple as taking out hte old one n pluggin in the new one.

just make sure its the right type, and you plug it in teh right way ( I know hter ekinks in the Intel CPU's so it shoudl be hard to stick it in teh wrong way. rmeber to stick on some themral grease too.

The problme iswinows OS kick up a fuss if htiere is a drastic change to the PC, however this is mainly swappoing oou a hold MoBo, so it shoudlnt be too much ofa fuss to be prepared to have to re-install Visat (I.E Back up)
How do you upgrade a processor in vista.?
You must close computer, open case, remove processor heatsink, unplug old processor, plug new processor, remove old thermal compound from heatsink, apply thermal compound (to processor not heatsink) and put heatsink back.



I guess you don't have thermal compound in home. Buy arctic mx2 from computer store.