Friday 16 September 2011

I want to get a new processor but dont know what to get?

I have a HP - Compaq Presario SR1820NX Desktop/PC w/ an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor. I want to get a new processor but, I know that only some will be compatible w/ my computer. How do I know what processors I can buy that will be compatible?



I am also getting a memory upgrade. Already gone to crucial to see what I can get but, will that change what processor I need if I get more RAM?
I want to get a new processor but dont know what to get?
Don't do it, you'll still have an obsolete PC. This one is not worth the time and money. Save up for a new PC.
I want to get a new processor but dont know what to get?
Download BelarcAdvisor to see what socket your motherboard has (AM2 is used for a lot of Athlon64's) then get an AMD processor with the same socket. Go to Newegg.com and Pricewatch.com for best selection and prices. More ram wont change the processor. Sometimes it is cheaper to sell your older pc and buy a new one. Then everything is upgraded.