Saturday 24 September 2011

Changing CPU for Better Gaming Speed!?

So, my laptop is pretty much great for gaming...except for the CPU. The stock one it came with is a single core lovely AMD Athlon 64 (I was being sarcastic on the %26quot;lovely%26quot;) and it spits out an ugly 1.6 ghtz. I Don't like that at all, so I found a different, Triple-core Processor which would make me happy. All the stats for it match and I've seen Youtube Videos on how to change the Processor. The socket matches and my only question is: should i change it by myself or should I get professional help and how much would that cost?



All answers appreciated!
Changing CPU for Better Gaming Speed!?
you can change it by your self if you can... or watch first videos how to install the cpu.

Is your board support that triple core processor? check also your board features before upgrading your cpu.
Changing CPU for Better Gaming Speed!?
Except that AMD does not yet have a triple core mobile processor. It will not fit into your laptop. Next time pay attention to the socket used.



I seriously doubt they'd be compatible with an old single core laptop, seeing as how it's the %26quot;S1g4%26quot; socket, which is NOT the same thing as S1. In addition, you're not thinking of the thermal and power requirements of the new chip, and your video card will be crap to go along with the crap CPU. You're completely wasting your time.
You are wasting your time. Even if you could change the CPU to the triple core processor you desire (I don't think you can its not compatible) you would still be stuck with the slow none gaming GPU built into your laptop which you can't swap out. So your best bet would be to buy a new laptop as oppose to trying to upgrade it. In laptops I NEVER recommend you upgrade anything other than the memory or the hard disk drive. Anything else that is not factory installed is normally not worth bothering with.