Wednesday 21 September 2011

Upgrading a older computer?

I have an old Dell Latitude LM166ST that I would love to upgrade. Is it possible to change the processor? Can I change the CD-ROM drive to a rewritable one? If so, how do I and where would I get the parts.
Upgrading a older computer?
You can, but its usually less expensive to get a new one-than to upgrade an old one.
Upgrading a older computer?
IT's a laptop and from dell so the upgrade is basically impossible. YOu can add more ram, hard drive and a try to go on dell's site to look for the Rewritable one. That's all about you can do with the laptop.
depending on how old it is depends on if you can get a cpu and heat sink for it and for the cdrw yes you can
I bought an old laptop and was never really happy with it. The biggest problem is it was basically out of date. As the person above says, you are probably better buying a new one. My experience was the batteries were worn out, the processor was inadequate, the memory was insufficient, and the windows was 95. I think I did actually ask the local agents about upgrading it and they said the only realistic option was to increase the memory to X amount, which I did.

I think it would be fun to do some of the upgrades yourself, but don't expect to turn it into the latest Compaq or Lenovo.