Friday 16 September 2011

Will a laptop with a 2.1ghz processor run fast?

I am thinking about buying a laptop. It's customizable but comes with a processor with a speed of 2.1ghz. I can upgrade that to 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4ghz but I don't know if it's worth it. How much of a difference will the changes in processor speed make in the speed of my laptop? I am going to be using the laptop for regular daily computing. Should I upgrade?
Will a laptop with a 2.1ghz processor run fast?
It really depends on the different processors being compared here....a 2.1Ghz processor with a 6MB L2 Cache would be faster than a 2.4Ghz processor with a 2MB L2 Cache. however if the L2 cache sizes were reversed then the 2.4Ghz with a 6MB L2 would noticeably outperform a 2.1Ghz Processor with a 2MB L2.



Not sure why people seem to forget that L2 is a big deal.
Will a laptop with a 2.1ghz processor run fast?
try to ballance out the cache, and the speed. I have a AMD athlonx2 with 2.1GHz with 2mb cache and I can run games on it. Its a really fast processor.
If you're asking htis question (and don't take this personally), go for the 2.1 w/ 2GB of ram and you will be just fine.
What processor is being used? Are the upgrades different processors or are they the same?
  • get over feelings
  • xp
  •