Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I find out what size socket my processor is?also I have a single core processor will changing to a.....

dual core effect it? this is the processor I want tell me if its a good deal also can someone please tell me how to install a new processor. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor ADO5200DOBOX - 2.70GHz, 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Brisbane, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan for 80.99 USD
How do I find out what size socket my processor is?also I have a single core processor will changing to a.....
CPU's are not interchangeable. Single core are obsolete now and if you buy a new CPU you have to buy a new motherboard as well and you will not be able to use your older ddr memory.So basically you are talking to build a new computer
How do I find out what size socket my processor is?also I have a single core processor will changing to a.....
1.Go to CPUID.com, download and Run, CPU-Z. This tiny, free, will give you a lot of info about your motherboard, processor, ram, and graphics.

2.You can go to the motherboards manufacturer's website-%26gt;Support, or Support and Downloads, enter the model number of the motherboard, and see what processors it will support. (Sorry about the Run-on!)

OR you can write down the Socket style, and look thru the following info to see what processors fit, first of all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD鈥?/a>

Socket A (Also called Socket 462), Socket 754, and Socket 939, will only support single core processors. (Socket 940 is for Server processors. No need to even talk about this one)



Socket AM2 however will! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM2

To be sure, you could email me,(Click on Chickster, and then email Chickster), the computer name and model number.
speed should bump-up 30% on compatable jobs.

checl amd on details of your processor

price seems ok but keep searching they seem to get cheaper weekly, and do a clean de-install to get a re-sellable - ebay set.

amd and overclock sites can tell you how to install