Tuesday 20 September 2011

Does Apple provide better processors?

My old white macbook is running slowly for the games i want to play. I have a 2.0 ghz processor. I was playing on my friends macbook pro and it ran great he has 2.4 ghz. I wanted to know if I could pay to change my processor to a 2.4ghz and if i can how much would they charge me. Also if not could I just buy a 2.4 ghz processor from some other website then put it into my computer?
Does Apple provide better processors?
You can't change processor because, you would have to replace the motherboard, then you would have to replace other things as well

You can over clock it to 2.4 but I highly don't recommend against it specially on a mac, because they heat up and you might need additional fans

Another option, easiest and safest is to buy a refurb macbook pro from the apple refurb store, you get a 2.53GHz core 2 duo macbook pro for the price of the 2.26 c2d and nvidia geforce 9400m, a mid range gpu, for normal games
Does Apple provide better processors?
Not upgradable
trade for a macbook pro better , apple don actually recommend processor change , but you can try check with them.
No, you cannot upgrade a laptop's processor. And generally speaking, a laptop's biggest program with gaming is the video card, not the processor. Also, Macs are terrible for gaming. If you're serious about gaming, I think your next computer should be a Windows-based PC.
Virtually laptops, as well as any other product apple makes, as their processors soldered to the motherboard and is not replace able.