Saturday 24 September 2011

Computer Questions?

Okay, here goes.

1. Can I change my processor to intel to another processor that is not intel?



2. Can I change my video card ( by the way, how do I find out what is my video card?) ?



3. Example, if I buy a video card brand name and the processor is another brand name, will it still work?



4. How do I find out how much video ram I have?
Computer Questions?
1. No each motherboard has a specific chipset that is only compatible with certain processors.

2. Yes, right click the desktop, then select properties, then advanced, then adapter.

3. Yes, the video card only requires the appropriate slot or interface on the motherboard.

4. When you go to the advanced tab in question 2 it will show how much video memory you have.
Computer Questions?
1. No, processors usually have different %26quot;socket%26quot; types that they fit into on motherboards.



2. Video cards can be changed, you computer is proabably using a built-in or embedded video controller on the motherboard if it plugs into the I/O interface - the back side of the PC where the mouse and keyboard connectors are. It's a stand along card if it plugs in towards the %26quot;bottom%26quot; where expansion slots are. Video cards can be AGP, PCI or PCI express (PCIe). You'll need your computer documentation to know what type of cards it will support.



3. Video card and processor can be separate brands, as long as the motherboard supports the video card type it should work.



4. That's a good question - embedded (and some video cards) share system memory (RAM), I've always known how much video memory I have because of the video card I purchased (i.e. it tells you on the box) so I have never poked around to try to find out what this number is because I already know it.
Download SiSoftSandra 2008. Install and run it and it will tell you everything about what is inside your computer right down to the chipsets, bios version and will tell you everything about your video as well. Then you be informed enough about what you have so you can decide what can or can't be changed, removed or replaced.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2鈥?/a>